- Sets out the principles Starkey follows when collecting, using and storing personal information
- Describes other important topics relating to an individual's privacy
By purchasing hearing instruments and/or related accessories ("Products") from Starkey, communicating with Starkey through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Starkey's other services, including the Starkey website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
The type of personal information that Starkey may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction and the dealing. Normally the personal information collected by Starkey may include an individual's:
- Residential address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Records of communications with Starkey
- Website usage information
Personal information will, generally, only be used for the primary purposes of:
- Conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship
- Processing, servicing and sending related communications
- Responding to an individual's queries
- Marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers)
- mproving the Starkey website
Starkey takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
- The likely use of the personal information
- The right of access to the personal information
- The identity and contact details of Starkey
- Any law requiring collection of the personal information
- The main consequences of failure to provide the personal information
Starkey discloses personal information:
- For the primary purpose for which it was collected
- Where the individual would reasonably expect this
- Where the individual has consented
- For direct marketing by Starkey but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing. Starkey includes its contact details in any direct marketing
Starkey does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law. Starkey will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from an individual.
There may be other situations where we may collect and use personal information, which are outside a person's reasonable expectation. When this occurs, Starkey is committed to providing the individual with an explanation for the possible use of the personal information.
Starkey takes steps to ensure personal information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to information come to its attention. Starkey disregards information which seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
If an individual has submitted personal information to Starkey electronically or otherwise, and would like it corrected, then a written request should be sent by email to email@example.com or to the address at the bottom.
Starkey will use reasonable endeavours to comply with an individual's request to correct their personal information.
If Starkey disagrees with any request to correct an individual's personal information, and the individual requests that Starkey include in the record of their personal information a statement that they have a contrary view, Starkey will use reasonable steps to do so.
As with most websites, when you visit the Starkey website or use an application on the Starkey website, Starkey may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Starkey also uses "cookies." A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Starkey website, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Starkey will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is securely stored.
Starkey protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
Starkey takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
Starkey acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them.
If an individual wishes to view their personal information held by Starkey, then that person needs to send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address at the bottom
Starkey allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.