Hearing loss happens. 1 in 6 Australians is affected by hearing loss, it is the 3rd most common condition affecting older Australians. Hearing loss is also very treatable – and more successful when started early. If you suspect you have hearing loss, why not find out for sure?
1. A hearing test is painless and takes less than an hour.
2. Hearing loss may be an early warning sign or red flag for other health conditions including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
3. If your hearing test shows your hearing is normal, you can tell your friends to get off your back.
4. The Mayo Clinic recommends baseline hearing tests for adults.
5. Untreated hearing loss increases your chance of developing dementia.
6. Most hearing clinics serve free cookies and coffee.
7. Untreated hearing loss increases your chances of falling.
8. Treating hearing loss with hearing aids is proven to reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
9. Untreated hearing loss is known to contribute to depression and social isolation.
10. Hearing loss treatment has been shown to improve earning power.
11. Because you're proactive about your health and care about your quality of life.
Think you may have hearing loss? Find out more for sure by scheduling a hearing test with a nearby hearing professional today. You’ve got nothing to lose and possibly tons to gain.