In celebration of International Deaf Awareness Week, Starkey Australia has chosen today to launch a new initiative called “Sign For Change”. Sign For Change is designed to promote awareness, understanding, allyship and advocacy related to rights for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals. The learning series will include educational video, BLOG and VLOG posts related to issues that impact Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of Hearing and other related communities in Australia and beyond. Here at Starkey Australia we support all communication modalities and technology. We hope this series will expose you to new concepts, challenge your perspectives and promote unity by redefining the labels, attitudes and inequities that have divided us. The signs of change are everywhere. Get involved.
Subscribe to our blog
- Have you seen our Livio Edge AI custom rechargeable hearing aids?
- Tips for wearing a face mask with hearing aids
- How hearing aids can help decrease virus spread
- Video conferencing tips for people with hearing loss
- Simple hearing aid troubleshooting tips you can use at home
- Android users can sync to their Starkey hearing aids too
- Celebrating the women of Starkey Australia on International Women's Day
- Why our Livio AI hearing aid became an official Best Invention
- The inability to distinguish sounds is a form of hearing loss
- Do’s and don’ts of getting hearing aids
- Hearing loss increases your risk of social isolation
- At the gym, turn up the beat, not the dB!
- Tinnitus Awareness Week: Does tinnitus mean I have hearing loss?
- Five things every Australian should know this Tinnitus Awareness Week
- Five tips for maintaining hearing aids in hot weather
- Too few people follow good hearing protection practices
- A lot of people pretend they can hear just fine
- How to know if you should get your hearing tested
- Reimagining what a hearing aid can do
- What is mild hearing loss?